Dr. Rollin McCraty: The Science of Following Your Heart
also available on
The work being done at HeartMath Institute has deeply resonated and intrigued me for years. I've studied heart rate variability and cardiac coherence in my own body and have experienced the power of connecting my heart space and breath with emotional health, stress resilience, and overall health and wellbeing.
It was such an honor and pleasure to connect with Dr. Rollin McCraty, the director of research at HeartMath, and dive deep, but not TOO deep, into some of the heart science that has been uncovered over the last few decades.
We talk about how so many metaphors - following the heart, trusting the heart, opening the heart, we're all one, love is medicine - are actually not metaphors, but scientifically validated realities.
Some highlights include...
- Rollin's background and journey that led him to connect with Doc Childre and co-create the HeartMath institute
- The science of Heart Rate Variability (HRV) and cardiac coherence
- How stress and emotions influence HRV and create risk factor for all disease
- The connection between cardiac coherence, intuition, and synchronicity
- How global and cosmic energies influence human energetic systems
- The power of "Global Coherence" to transmute stress and problems of modern times
- Hope for the future and the evolution of consciousness
Hope you enjoy! Please feel free to leave a comment, rating, or review on whatever platform you choose to tune in on!
About Dr. McCraty
Rollin McCraty, Ph.D. is Director of Research of the HeartMath Research Center at the HeartMath Institute. As a psycho-physiologist, Dr. McCraty’s research interests include the physiology of emotion, heart-brain communication and the global interconnectivity between people and the earth’s energetic systems. Findings from this research have been applied to the development of tools and technology to optimize individual and organizational health, performance, and quality of life. Dr. McCraty has acted as Principal Investigator in numerous studies examining the effects of emotions on heart–brain interactions and on autonomic, cardiovascular, hormonal, and immune system function, and outcome studies to determine the benefits of positive emotion-focused interventions and heart rhythm coherence feedback in diverse organizational, educational and various clinical clinical populations.
He has been featured in a number of documentary films such as I am, The Truth, The Joy of Sox move, The Power of the Heart, Solar Revolution, and The Living Matrix among many others.