Ray Cronise: Control Your Metabolism and Live Forever
also available on
Ray is a smart and passionate man, who seems to be aging in reverse!
I guess I was a little late to the game, as Ray has been in the world of metabolic research and longevity for quite some time. He's written some really insightful papers (linked below) and he's got some new books in the pipeline as well!
I was excited to pick Ray's brain in what turned out to be the longest episode to date on the Alter Your Health podcast... and, we barely scratched the surface of what I wanted to cover. I hope Ray comes back for round 2.
Some highlights include...
- Ray's own health journey and how he lost 50 pounds through cold stress
- Why eating a small portion of fish would exacerbate his insulin resistance
- What metabolism actually is, and how to measure it (along with brief video presentation by Ray)
- How the food triangle helps us better understand how to relate with food as fuel
- Why we need to forget about the words protein, carbs, and fats along with breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- The one scientifically proven way to extend life through nutrition
- How a WFPB diet allows us to naturally restrict calories while maintaining optimal nutritional status
Hope you enjoy! Please feel free to leave a comment, rating, or review on whatever platform you choose to tune in on!
Link to More
Listen to Ray and Julieanna's new podcast, Science and Saucery
Ray Cronise, BSc, is a scientist-innovator focused on diet and nutrition and co-founder of Efferos, a lifestyle transformation company. He co-authored Healthspan Solution and Plant-Based Nutrition (Idiot’s Guides) 2E with Julieanna Hever and is the mastermind behind Las Vegas magician Penn Jillette’s plant-based diet 100-pound weight loss. A former NASA scientist and Matthew Kenney and Blue Lotus Culinary graduate, he’s collaborating with leading academic researchers at institutions such as Harvard and the NIH to publish work at the intersection of healthspan and plant-based diets. He’s been featured by Wired Magazine, TEDMED 2010, The New York Times, ABC Nightline, The Atlantic, The Daily Beast, Men’s Journal, The Guardian, Presto!: How I made 100 pounds magically disappear, and The 4-Hour Body.